ISSUE: March 2019
Save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Our Bold Goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer
deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026.
Community Grant Recipient Spotlight
Celebrate Life Cancer Ministry is
one of Komen LA County’s 2018-19 community grant recipients! One of the
organization’s initiatives is to provide monthly psychosocial support
intervention sessions through resources and tools geared towards living a
healthier lifestyle including emotional, financial, spiritual and physical
support. Their focus is to help develop cancer care plans to encourage
survivors to communicate with their doctor. Their outreach with breast cancer
survivors included monthly phone or face-to-face conversations to encourage,
motivate and navigate throughout the survivors’ continuum of care.
Events & Programs
MORE THAN PINK Walk™ is Around the Corner!
There is still time to Register
for our MORE THAN PINK Walk
event! Encourage your
family and friends to join you as we Walk together as a Community to fight breast
cancer. Please visit our Walk website to see our Event
Day Schedule and Maps
& Parking information!
us continue to fulfill our mission by raising funds! Simply
log into your Fundraising Center and
share your fundraising page link through text, email and social media! All
individuals who fundraise $100+ will be eligible to receive a gift! Check out the Recognition Program Items below that you
could redeem in a few weeks! Visit our Fundraising
Recognition page for more information.
Top Teams & Top Individual Fundraisers Deadline
forget all teams that raise $2,500+ by Monday, March 4th at 5pm
PST will automatically receive a team zone! This is the perfect way to gather
with your team, decorate your tent space and enjoy a complimentary breakfast
before we kick-off the Walk!
Individual Fundraisers who raise $1,000+ by Monday, March 4th at 5pm
PST will be invited to our VIP Fundraising area for a complimentary
breakfast and opportunity to meet other Top Individual Fundraisers and Top
Teams! This is our way of saying “thank you” for dedicating your time and
energy to giving back to your community and making the biggest impact possible
in the fight against breast cancer.
Anthem Blue Cross Partnership
Thank you Anthem Blue Cross for improving breast cancer outcomes in African-American
women by helping us ensure they receive the care they need.
Support for the
Susan G. Komen Circle of Promise California Initiative is made possible in part by a grant from the
Anthem Blue Cross Foundation.
Fit For the Cure
This year marks the 19th anniversary of Wacoal’s Fit for the Cure®
program benefiting Susan G. Komen®!
Wacoal’s Fit for the Cure
program benefits Komen in four ways:
- Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2019: For every woman professionally fitted at
an event, Wacoal will donate $2 to Komen.
- Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2019: Wacoal will also donate $2 for every Wacoal bra,
shapewear item or b.tempt’d bra purchased at an event.
- October promotion: $2 will be donated to Komen for each Awareness Bra sold
in stores and online at Wacoal-America.com during October.
- Social Media Promotion: Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2019, Wacoal will donate $1 for
every picture posted to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram that features an “I Got
Fit” sign in the picture and is tagged with #IGotFit.
Fit for the Cure Upcoming
- Wednesday, March 20th – Dillards at Antelope Valley
- Wednesday, May 15th – Macy’s at Downtown Los Angeles
- Wednesday, May 15th – Macy’s at Valencia Town Center
- Wednesday, May 15th – Macy’s at Sherman Oaks
- Thursday, May 16th – Macy’s at Montebello Town Center
- Thursday, May 16th – Macy’s at Northridge
- Friday, May 17th – Macy’s at Pasadena Plaza
- Friday, May 17th – Macy’s at Del Amo Fashion Square
- Wednesday, May 22nd – Macy’s at Topanga Plaza
- Wednesday, May 22nd – Macy’s at Fox Hills
- Thursday, May 23rd – Macy’s at Burbank
- Thursday, May 23rd – Macy’s at Los Cerritos Center
- Thursday, May 23rd – Macy’s at Century City
Pink Ribbon Banking Program
you to Bank of America for supporting Susan G. Komen through the Pink Ribbon
Thank You Spotlight
MORE THAN PINK Walk Sponsors
Without the generous
support of our national and local sponsors at our MORE THAN PINK Walk, our
mission to save lives in the LA County through breast cancer services, breast health resources and investing in research to prevent and cure breast cancer would not be
Go to komenlacounty.org