ISSUE: May 2019
Save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Our Bold Goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer
deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026.
On the Front Lines
Advocate. Trailblazer. Three-time breast cancer survivor.
Janice McKenzie-Crayton is on the front lines in the fight against breast cancer through advocating for government funding of critical patient support and compassionate public policy. Learn more about those making an impact on breast cancer, like Janice.
Events & Programs
An Ode to Mothers
celebrating moms everywhere. Your unwavering strength. Your eternal optimism.
Your ability to bite back.
Now tell the mom in your life how special she is by
sending her a custom love note.
Fit For the Cure
This year marks the 19th anniversary of Wacoal’s Fit for the Cure®
program benefiting Susan G. Komen®!
Wacoal’s Fit for the Cure
program benefits Komen in four ways:
- Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2019: For every woman professionally fitted at
an event, Wacoal will donate $2 to Komen.
- Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2019: Wacoal will also donate $2 for every Wacoal bra,
shapewear item or b.tempt’d bra purchased at an event.
- October promotion: $2 will be donated to Komen for each Awareness Bra sold
in stores and online at Wacoal-America.com during October.
- Social Media Promotion: Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2019, Wacoal will donate $1 for
every picture posted to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram that features an “I Got
Fit” sign in the picture and is tagged with #IGotFit.
Fit for the Cure Upcoming
- Wednesday, March 20th – Dillards at Antelope Valley
- Wednesday, May 15th – Macy’s at Downtown Los Angeles
- Wednesday, May 15th – Macy’s at Valencia Town Center
- Wednesday, May 15th – Macy’s at Sherman Oaks
- Thursday, May 16th – Macy’s at Montebello Town Center
- Thursday, May 16th – Macy’s at Northridge
- Friday, May 17th – Macy’s at Pasadena Plaza
- Friday, May 17th – Macy’s at Del Amo Fashion Square
- Wednesday, May 22nd – Macy’s at Topanga Plaza
- Wednesday, May 22nd – Macy’s at Fox Hills
- Thursday, May 23rd – Macy’s at Burbank
- Thursday, May 23rd – Macy’s at Los Cerritos Center
- Thursday, May 23rd – Macy’s at Century City
May 6th is National Nurses Day
To the ones who are by your side
every step of the way. Who start as strangers and end as family. Who work daily
for the well-being of others.
We appreciate you, even when we don't have the
words or the strength to let you know. Happy National Nurses Day!
'Tis the season to focus on your health
May 12 -18th is
National Women's Health Week!
Let's kick it off by focusing on your breast self-awareness: know your
risk, get screened, know what's normal for you & make healthy
lifestyle choices such as maintaining a healthy weight and adding
exercise into your routine.
Did you know that women who get regular exercise (physical
activity) have a lower risk of breast cancer than women who are not active?
When the evidence is looked at as a whole, regular exercise appears to lower
breast cancer risk by 10-20%.
Happy Birthday to all of our May Babies
Give back this year and start a birthday fundraiser to help those
fighting this terrible disease.
Have you recently been diagnosed with breast cancer?
We’re so sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. It’s completely
normal to have the feelings of being lost or confused but please know that you
are NOT alone in this.
Our trained and caring staff provides free support services to anyone
with breast cancer questions or concerns, including survivors and their
families Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET and from 6:00
a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PT. You can contact
our helpline at 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here for you as you go
through this journey.
Susan G. Komen's Impact on Breast Cancer
We're more than just
a pink ribbon. We are fighting this disease on all fronts. Learn more about our impact!
Go to komenlacounty.org