ISSUE: March 2020
Save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
Our Bold Goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026.
2020 MORE THAN PINK Walk
This year’s 2020 Komen Los Angeles County MORE THAN PINK Walk™ was a phenomenal event!
Because of you, our survivors and those living with breast cancer have hope - hope for new research discoveries and treatment options that could impact countless lives and one day, create a world without breast cancer.
And don’t forget, you can still fundraise through Saturday, March 28, 2020.
We look forward to seeing you at next year’s MORE THAN PINK Walk. In the meantime, be sure to stay involved with our Komen community.
Events & Programs
Fit for the Cure® Program
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Wacoal's Fit for the Cure® program benefiting Susan G. Komen®!
Wacoal's Fit for the Cure program benefits Komen in three ways:
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2020: For every woman professionally fitted at an event, Wacoal will donate $2 to Komen.
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2020: Wacoal will also donate $2 for every Wacoal bra, shapewear item or b.tempt'd bra purchased at an event.
- October promotion: $2 will be donated to Susan G. Komen® for each limited-edition sport bra in Rosebloom and Awareness Bra sold in stores and online at Wacoal-America.com in October.
Fit for the Cure Upcoming Events:
- Wednesday, March 18th - Dillard's at Antelope Valley
- Friday, April 24th - Bloomingdales at Century City
- Friday, April 24th - Bloomingdales at Sherman Oaks
- Wednesday, May 6th - Macy's at Topanga Plaza
- Thursday, May 7th - Macy's at Burbank
- Thursday, May 7th - Macy's at Montebello Town Center
- Friday, May 8th - Macy's at Pasadena Plaza
- Friday, May 8th - Macy's at Del Amo Fashion Square
- Wednesday, May 13th - Macy's at Sherman Oaks
- Wednesday, May 13th - Macy's at Fox Hills
- Thursday, May 14th - Macy's at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza
- Friday, May 15th - Macy's at Century City
- Friday, May 15th - Macy's at Northridge
- Friday, May 15th - Macy's at Valencia Town Center
Chaunte Lowe knows how to fight breast cancer
Chaunte Lowe is a fighter. The four-time Olympian is the indoor and outdoor American record holder in the women's high jump. Her life changed in June when she was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.
8 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Breast Cancer Sceening
We’ve all been there. You’re standing in your doctor’s exam room and she’s ready to wrap things up. She casually asks, “Do you have any questions?” and instantly, your mind goes blank. It’s not until you’re driving home that you remember what you wanted to ask and the rest of the day, you’re kicking yourself. We've compiled the top questions to ask your doctor at your breast cancer screening.
Komen's New Clinical Trial Webpage
Research cures cancer, but only if that research makes it from the lab to clinic.
Learn why #BCtrials are important and how you can participate.
Breast Cancer in Young Women
Although not common, young women (younger than age 50) can get breast cancer.
Young women diagnosed with breast cancer face issues that may differ from those of older women. These issues may include early menopause, loss of fertility, pregnancy after treatment, the ability to breastfeed, overall higher stage of breast cancer at diagnosis, poorer outcomes and more.
March 23rd - 29th: LGBT Health Awareness Week
Rates of breast cancer vary among different groups of people. In honor of #LGBTHealthAwarenessWeek, learn more about breast cancer rates in the LGBT community.
Need breast cancer support or have a question about this terrible disease?
Reach out to the Komen Helpline! The helpline provides free, professional support services to anyone with breast cancer questions or concerns, including survivors and their families.
Don't wait to call! 1-877-GO KOMEN or 1-877-465-6636. Calls are answered Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST
Komen Advocacy: Federal Funding
#Breastcancer should be a national priority and our country's budget should reflect that!
Take action and ask your lawmakers to support @SusanGKomenAdvocacy's requests for fiscal year 2021.
Show your support in style with ShopKomen's Sparkle hoodie!
Go to komenlacounty.org